Ian has been racing around the world in all styles of event since 2005 and coaching since 2010, having run around 200 ultras and marathons (PR: 2:21) in every type of weather and on all terrains. He's won around 50 multi-day races, road marathons, trail ultras and adventure races with experience of running in many mountain ranges, including the Himalayas, Andes, Rockies and European Alps. He also holds the fastest time in a trail 100-mile race in the US (12h44m), the record for the Grand Slam of Ultrarunning (69h49m), has won the USATF 100-mile trail championship twice and is the 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Leadville Trail 100 Champion. Ultra Running Magazine has voted him as high as 2nd in it's annual Ultra Runner of the Year rankings.
- Grand Slam of Ultrarunning (Record holder)
- 9x Western States Endurance Run 100 top 10 (the only person to do this from nine starts)
- 4x Leadville Trail 100 champion (2017, 2016, 2015 and 2013; and only person to break 17hrs four times)
- 2014 Montrail Ultracup champion
- 3x Rocky Raccoon 100 champion (2016, 2015, 2011 and Course Record holder - 12h44m)
Photo credit Drymax Socks